Basic installation instructions
Last updated on
UltraDefrag is well known for its ease of installation. Under most circumstances, installing UltraDefrag is a very simple process and takes less than five minutes to complete.
Launch the installer you have received after the purchase.
Enter the username and password you have received along with the installer, then click Next.
Review the license agreement and click I Agree to accept the terms.
Select the destination folder and then click Next.
Select the components you want to install and then click Install.
Available installation types:
- Full (recommended) – install all the components
- Micro Edition – install the boot time and command line interfaces only, as well as the automatic and one-click defragmentation components
- Custom – install the selected components only
- UltraDefrag core files (required) – install essential UltraDefrag components
- Interfaces (at least one must be selected) – install UltraDefrag interfaces
- Automatic defragmentation (requires Console) – install the automatic defragmentation component
- Context menu handler (requires Console) – install the one-click defragmentation component
- Documentation – install a copy of UltraDefrag Handbook
- Shortcuts (require GUI) – create shortcuts
- Start Menu icon – add an icon to the start menu
- Desktop icon – add an icon to the desktop
- Quick Launch icon – add an icon to the quick launch bar (on Windows XP/Vista/7/8)
- Extract portable edition – extract the portable edition of UltraDefrag
- Turn off usage tracking – disable usage tracking. If the tracking is enabled, the program sends us a little bit of usage statistics via the Google Analytics service. This statistics helps us to improve quality of our products and services. It is purely technical and does not include any personal information, however you can disable it if you want to save a few kilobytes of your internet traffic.
Wait till the installation completion (usually it takes less than 1 minute), then click Next.
Select the actions to perform after the installation and then click Finish.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed UltraDefrag on your computer! Now it’s time to go ahead and fully defragment your disks!